iOS tweaks unlock popular capabilities and features in specific apps that are not available in the official version. Unfortunately, these tweaked apps are not available on the App Store, so you need to either jailbreak your iOS device or sideload the app temporarily from an IPA file (which requires a computer) to install them.
In this article, we’ll explore how to install a few popular tweaks for YouTube, YouTube++, Bat for YouTube, and Cercube, on iPhone without jailbreak.
Install YouTube++, Bat for YouTube, Cercube without computer [No Jailbreak]
Usually, you’d need to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad to install apps and tweaks from outside the App Store. And although there are other workarounds to install such tweaks without jailbreak, they usually come with certain limitations, like getting the IPA file from a trusted repository, requiring a computer to install the apps, reinstallation/certificate renewal required once every 7 days, changing the system date & time for the apps to work, and so on.
BuildStore is a third-party app store that enables you to install apps from outside the App Store, without worrying about any 7-day certificate expiry or other issues related to self-signing IPAs. Once you register your iPhone or iPad on BuildStore, you can install any app available on BuildStore with a few taps. BuildStore takes care of all the complex stuff required to make such external apps and tweaks work on non-jailbroken devices behind the scenes.
YouTube++, Bat for YouTube, and Cercube are available on BuildStore, so you can install these tweaks directly on your iPhone or iPad without jailbreak or any certificate expiry issues. BuildStore is a subscription service, and the registration costs $19.99 per device per month.
Note: BuildStore has to pay hefty licensing fees to keep its app distribution system active. Most of the subscription amount you pay goes into maintaining and keeping the service up and running.
You can learn more about BuildStore from our earlier article.
The following steps will guide you to install YouTube++, Bat for YouTube, and Cercube tweaks on your iPhone, iPad without jailbreak.
- Uninstall the official YouTube app from your iOS device if you already have it installed. If you have any other YouTube tweaks, uninstall them too.
- Sign up for a new BuildStore account and register your iOS device.
- On your registered iOS device, open Safari and navigate to the YouTube++, Bat for YouTube, or Cercube app page.
- Tap on the Install button.
The selected app will be installed on your registered iPhone or iPad, ready for use.
Features of YouTube++, Bat for YouTube, and Cercube
Below are the features of YouTube++, Bat for YouTube, and Cercube iOS/iPadOS tweaks at a glance.
Features of YouTube++
This tweak simplifies and enhances your YouTube experience by bringing popular, highly demanded features upfront. Some of the highlighted features include:
- Background playback
- In-app web browser
- Disable age restrictions
Note: Some of the features require purchasing the PRO version of the tweak.
Features of Bat for YouTube
Bat for YouTube enhances your YouTube experience by providing the following popular features:
- No ads (Ad-free YouTube without Premium)
- Sleep mode
- Background Playback
- Prevent Auto Playback
- Auto replay videos when finished
- Allow HD Quality on mobile
- Auto Subscribe
- Auto Unsubscribe
- Auto Like all videos
- Auto dislike all videos
- Save YouTube Shorts (Stories)
Features of Cercube
Cercube is one of the popular YouTube extensions that allow users to download videos, customize playback quality, enjoy an ad-free experience without YouTube Premium, and much more.
Note: You need an iOSgods account to use this app. Some of the features require purchasing the PRO version of the tweak. You’ll find the purchase option in Cercube’s Settings.
The most notable features of Cercube are as follows:
- Download any video in any available quality. (up to 4K resolution).
- View, manage and share all your downloads with an in-built download manager.
- Ad-blocker (Ad-free YouTube experience without YouTube Premium).
- Share downloaded videos via AirDrop
- Background playback capability for both streamed and downloaded videos
- Select which page to display when launching the YouTube app.
- Unique short-hold button gestures
- HD streaming on mobile networks.
- Auto replay videos.
- Trim tabs bar.
- Hide floating upload button.
- Hide the “Trending” tab.
- Add backward & forward rewind buttons to video overlay.
- Save videos as audio-only.
- Set default download quality.
- Manage and share downloads to any app.
- Import downloads to Music or Videos.
- Play YouTube videos using PIP.
- Set default player quality on WiFi.
- Set default player quality on mobile data.
- Block all advertisements.
- No Age Restrictions.
- Dark Theme (Dark Mode).
Are YouTube iOS tweaks safe to install from BuildStore?
BuildStore’s content policy states that any application available on their third party app store “MUST NOT harm the device or device owner”. According to BuildStore, the apps available on BuildStore are reviewed internally for malicious code and stability. We have spoken to a company representative on the matter, and this is what he had to say: “We guarantee that using the apps from the BuildStore is safe for the gadget and users’ private data.”
However, BuildStore does not claim any responsibility for any action taken against the user by original app developers (for example, suspending or blocking of accounts), for the use of tweaked apps.
Disclaimer: The article is only intended as a knowledge base for installing YouTube tweaks (YouTube++, Bat for YouTube, and Cercube) on non-jailbroken iPhone & iPad. 7labs may not be held responsible for any violation of the terms and conditions, as laid out by the original app developers.