Facebook++ is a tweaked version of the official Facebook iOS app, which includes some additional features (such as, in-app Messenger & chat heads, password protection, etc.) which are not available in the original one. The app is not available on the App Store, and so, you’d usually have to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad in order to install it from a third party app store like Cydia. But in this article, we’ll explore how to install Facebook++ on iPhone or iPad without jailbreaking it.
Install Facebook++ without jailbreak
Build Store is a third party app store that enables you to install apps from outside the App Store without having to jailbreak your iOS device. Facebook++ is available on the Build Store is available on the Build Store and thus can be installed on a non-jailbroken device. Build Store uses a paid subscription-based model, and costs $9.99 per year for one device. To know more about BuildStore, check out this article.
Note: Facebook++ is a tweaked app and has the same Bundle ID as that of the official. As such, you can’t keep both the original and tweaked version of the app installed simultaneously on the same device. You must uninstall the original or previous version of Facebook++ app in order to install the updated version.
The following steps will guide you to install Facebook++ on your iOS device:
- Uninstall the official version of Facebook, or any previous version of Facebook++, if you already have it installed.
- Sign up for a new BuildStore account and register your iOS device.
- On your registered iOS device, open Safari and navigate to the Facebook++ app page.
- Tap on the Install button.
Facebook++ will be installed on your registered iOS device.
Features of Facebook++
Once you install Facebook++ on your iPhone or iPad, you’ll unlock the following additional features within the app.
- Use in-app Messenger: You can chat with friends directly from within Facebook++, and get chat heads too.
- Message Timestamps: Instead of showing the timestamp for just the latest message, the in-app Messenger shows timestamps for all messages.
- Send unlimited photos: The official Facebook Messenger allows sending up to 6 photos at once. Facebook++ removes this limitation.
- Disable VoIP: You can disable Facebook’s VoIP features to save battery.
- Download Facebook videos: Copy to clipboard or Save/Download to album.
- Recent Feed: See the most recent posts instead of the most popular ones.
- In-app settings: Access all settings within the Facebook app, rather than system settings.
- Set Passcode: Lock Facebook access with 4-digit passcode or TouchID.
- Enhanced Sharing: You can share web articles from your News Feed to other apps.
- Hide Facebook App Tab Labels: Hides the Search bar as well as the “Status”, “Photo”, “Check-in” Tabs.
- Disable Video Autoplay: Facebook automatically starts playing videos in your News Feed by default. Facebook++ disables this feature.
- Full Screen Mode: Hides everything else while scrolling through the News Feed. Overrides the “Hide Facebook App Tab Labels” feature.
- Graph Search: Enable desktop Graph Search on Facebook++ app.
- Sidebar Navigator: Re-enables the classic sidebar options navigator that Facebook took out.
- Top Bar Options: Adds ‘Friends Requests’, ‘Chat’ and ‘Notifications’ to the top bar
Note: Installing an updated version of Facebook from the App Store may overwrite the tweaked version; hence, you may lose all the tweaked features provided in Facebook++.
Is Facebook++ safe to install?
Build Store’s content policy states that any application available on their third party app store “MUST NOT harm the device or device owner”. According to Build Store, the apps available on Build Store are reviewed internally for malicious code and stability. We have spoken to a company representative on the matter, and this is what he had to say: “We guarantee that using the apps from the BuildStore is safe for the gadget and users’ private data.”
However, Build Store does not claim any responsibility for any action taken against the user by original app developers (for example, disabling of accounts), for the use of tweaked apps.
You might also like:
Disclaimer: The article is only intended as a knowledge base for installing Facebook++ on non jailbroken iOS devices. 7labs may not be held responsible for any violation of the terms and conditions, as laid out by the original app developers.