Kodi is a dominant home streaming media server software. Earlier known as XBMC (Xbox Media Centre), Kodi works as an all in one hub for your digital media. While being cross-platform, open-source and award-winning Kodi is not available in the App Store for official use in your iOS devices.
Jailbreaking will allow Kodi installation but at the cost of a possible revocation of official Apple support and exposing your device to various security threats.
In this article, we will discuss how to install Kodi on your iPhone or iPad without jailbreak.
Install Kodi without jailbreak
BuildStore a third-party app store allows you to install apps from outside the App Store without jailbreak. A subscription fee is charged at $14.99/year per device to get their services. Kodi Leia, the latest version is available in BuildStore and the following steps will guide you to install Kodi on your iOS device:
- Signup for a new BuildStore account and register your device.
- On your registered iOS device, open Safari and navigate to the Kodi Leia app page.
- Tap on the install button.
Kodi will be successfully installed on your registered iOS device.
Features of Kodi
You can make use of the following features of Kodi once you have installed it in your registered iOS device.
- Play media files from your local/network storage or the internet.
- Runs on iOS, Linux, OS X, Windows and can be paired.
- 10-foot user interface for use with television and remote controls.
- Xbox one support with Microsoft.
- Portable, low maintenance video player with efficient code.
- Support for DRM-protected stream.
- RetroPlayer Retro gaming emulator.
- Best BluRay support.
- DASH support.
- Live TV.
- Audio/video playback.
Is Kodi safe to install ?
BuildStore’s content policy states that any application available on their third party app store “MUST NOT harm the device or device owner“. According to BuildStore, the apps available on BuildStore are reviewed internally for malicious code and stability. On speaking with a company representative on the matter, he said: “We guarantee that using the apps from the BuildStore is safe for the gadget and the user’s private data“.
You might also like:
Disclaimer: This article is intended as a knowledge base for installing Kodi on non jailbroken iOS devices. 7Labs may not be held responsible for any violation of terms and conditions by app developers.