Plex, a highly popular media player, and streaming service organizes your local media files and also connects them with the Plex media server and various apps for your devices. While Plex provides free of cost playback of all the content in your server, remote access, sharing, casting, etc, the Plex mobile apps require a Plex Pass subscription which also gives you access to various premium features.
A tweaked version of Plex gives you access to Premium features of the app. But this is not available in the App Store. Now, any app from outside the App Store requires jailbreaking to be installed in your iOS device, which makes your device vulnerable to various threats and you might also lose official Apple support.
In this article, we will discuss how to get a Plex Pass subscription on your iPhone or iPad without jailbreak.
Install Plex++ without jailbreak
To access the premium features of Plex you have to subscribe to BuilStore which is a third-party app store with a huge app repository. BuildStore allows you to install these apps from outside the App Store
The following steps will guide you to install Plex++ on your iOS device:
- Uninstall the official version of Plex from your iPhone or iPad.
- Signup for a new BuildStore account and register your iOS device.
- On your registered iOS device, open Safari and navigate to the Plex++ app page.
- Tap on the install button.
Plex++ will be successfully installed on your registered iOS device.
Features of Plex++
On successful installation of Plex++ through BuildStore, the following Premium features will be available to you:
- Activate mobile apps.
- Watch and record live TV available in your area with an antenna and a tuner.
- Stream trailers and extras for content in your media library
- Add lyrics from LyricFind to your music libraries.
- Get early preview access to new apps and features.
- Get discounts and deals
- Share your server.
- Control the content you share and also get user-wise statistics.
- Advanced audio features like silence compression, gapless playback, loudness leveling, voice boost, and sweet fades.
- Wirelessly sync photos and videos from your mobile device to your Plex media server.
- Parental Control.
- Categorize photos with auto-tagging and Places.
- View photos through an organized timeline view.
Note: Offline syncing is not available in this tweak.
Is it safe to install?
BuildStore’s content policy states that any application available in their third party app store “MUST NOT harm the device or device owner”.
According to BuildStore, the apps available on BuildStore are reviewed internally for malicious code and stability. We have spoken to a company representative on the matter, and this is what he had to say: “We guarantee that using the apps from the BuildStore is safe for the gadget and the user’s private data.”
Disclaimer: The article is only intended as a knowledge base for installing Plex++ on non jailbroken iOS devices. 7labs may not be held responsible for any violation of terms and conditions by original app developers.