WhatsApp is now one of the most popular messaging apps that provides a number of useful features, such as an end to end encryption, status updates, etc. But there are also a host of heavily demanded features, which are not provided by the official version of the app.
But if you’re on iOS, there are a handful of tweaks available that bring many of these demanded features to the platform. In this article, we’ll explore some of the WhatsApp tweaks that you can try, based on your requirement.
WhatsApp++ is a tweaked version of WhatsApp that introduces many of the heavily requested features that are not found on the original WhatsApp app.
- Stealth Mode — Hide your Last Seen and Online status from others without sacrificing read receipts on your end.
- Disable Read Receipts — Contacts don’t see blue ticks when they send messages to you, even when they are read.
- Selective Read Receipts — Disable read receipts for specific people on your contact list.
- Disable Delivery Receipts — Contacts don’t see double grey ticks when they send messages to you, even when they are actually delivered.
- Custom Themes and Text Colors — Multiple options to change the look and feel of WhatsApp.
- Send Unlimited Media — Removes the restriction of sending up to 10 photos and videos at a time.
- Share Music — Send DRM-free music from the iOS Music App on WhatsApp.
- Tap to record audio — Start and end recording with the simple tap of a button instead of having to tap and hold for the entire duration of the recording.
- Passcode / TouchID / FaceID protection — Protect your WhatsApp chats under a passcode or Touch ID / FaceID protection.
Normally, when you install WhatsApp++, you need to uninstall the original WhatsApp app, or any previous version of WhatsApp++, already installed on your device. Duplicate WhatsApp++ allows you to have two different versions of WhatsApp running simultaneously on the same device. This allows you to maintain two WhatsApp accounts simultaneously from the same device.
Feature-wise, Duplicate WhatsApp++ offers the same set of tweaks provided by WhatsApp++.
WhatsPad++ is a tweaked version of WhatsApp++, optimized for the iPad. This allows you to install and use WhatsApp on iPad, which is not supported by the original version of WhatsApp.
Feature-wise, WhatsPad++ offers the same set of tweaks provided by WhatsApp++.
Install WhatsApp++, Duplicate WhatsApp++ and WhatsPad++ without Jailbreak
Unfortunately, neither of these tweaks are available on the App Store due to its policy restrictions, so you’d have to usually jailbreak your device and install the same from third-party repositories. But, Build Store is a unique third-party app store that allows users to install these tweaks on their iOS devices without jailbreaking them.
Build Store is a third-party app repository, consisting of game emulators, tweaks and other apps that are either not present on the App Store, or was removed due to policy violations. Build Store lets you install and use any of the apps available in their repository, directly on iOS devices, without jailbreaking them.
All the above-mentioned WhatsApp tweaks are available on the Build Store, and for $11.99/year per device, you can install them (and any other Build Store app) on your iOS device without a jailbreak.
The following steps will guide you to install WhatsApp++, Duplicate WhatsApp++ or WhatsPad++, directly on your iOS device, without requiring any computer (PC or Mac).
- Sign up for a new BuildStore account and register your iOS device.
- On your registered iOS device, open Safari and navigate to the:
>>WhatsApp Watusi, or
>>WhatsApp Business++ (Duplicate WhatsApp++ alternative) app page.
- Tap on the Install button.
The selected app will be installed on your registered iOS device.
Are these WhatsApp tweaks safe to install?
Build Store’s content policy states that any application available on their third-party app store “MUST NOT harm the device or device owner”. According to Build Store, the apps available on Build Store are reviewed internally for malicious code and stability. We have spoken to a company representative on the matter, and this is what he had to say: “We guarantee that using the apps from the BuildStore is safe for the gadget and users’ private data.”
However, Build Store does not claim any responsibility for any action taken against the user by original app developers (for example, disabling of account), for the use of tweaked apps.
Disclaimer: The article is only intended as a knowledge base for installing WhatsApp tweaks on non jailbroken iOS devices. 7labs may not be held responsible for any violation of the terms and conditions, as laid out by the original app developers.